Monday, January 28, 2008

Cobblestone Pullover

This is J in his Cobblestone Pullover. He actually likes this sweater. I have seen him wear it more in the couple of weeks that he has had it than I have ever seen him wear all of his other sweaters combined.

He even said he would like another one in another color! Wow!

Click on the pictures for a bigger view. You can see much more of the knitting details with a bigger view.

The yarn is Tweed Cascade 220. The color is pretty accurate in the second picture.

I really like that this sweater accentuates the chest area and hangs loose over the belly.

Cobblestone was a really easy knit and the sizing was just right after blocking. I am really pleased with this pattern and will definitely make another one.

J looks so great modeling this sweater.

7 Comments:

At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is awesome! Where did you find the pattern? Maybe someday when I finally have this boat pattern off the needles, I might actually be able to try something like that.

Excellent work!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

It is a pattern by Jared Flood (brooklyntweed) and was featured in Interweave last year. I'm not sure which issue. Fall or Winter I think. You can also purchase the pattern on Knitting Daily. There are lots of FO pics of Cobblestone on Ravelry as well.

It was an easy pattern, but it was a lot of very plain knitting. I thought I was never going to get through the yoke with the short rows.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Kenny said...

Great looking sweater. You couldn't find a better model though? ;)

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Heh

Oh come on, he looks great in
it! :)

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like the sweater.
So not a Cosby sweater.
We might have to talk.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

You really think I would make a Cosby sweater??

Come on!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger elaine said...

wonderful job with this sweater. it looks so good on your husband. I just purchased the pattern and was reading it and its a little confusing
when you start the yoke are you knitting the yoke in the round also and if so how would you do the wraps on the wrong side. For this pattern are you suppose to know how to knit backwards?? any help would be appreciated. ELaine at esferrari@msn.com thanks so much

 

Post a Comment

<< Home