Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Stuff

I decided to accept a permanent position with the company I have been temping with for the last couple of weeks. The offer was good and J and I need the security of me working a full time job again. My official start date is next Monday.


I am working on Cherie Amour from Knitty. Here's the link.


I am hoping to have it done for Thanksgiving or at the latest the party at the inlaws on Saturday. It's knitting up really fast in bulky weight. So far so good. I am using Araucania Nature Wool Bulky in a variegated color. I can't remember the color number right now, but it's brights with a lot of blue. The skeins were all so different within the same color name (no dyelots) that I am using all 7 skeins at once, splicing in the next ball after just 2 rows. Lots of splicing, but the colors flow and there's very little pooling.


I took some progress pics the other day, I will post soon with those.


Due to some personal drama, I had a complete freak out last weekend. I just have to say thanks to JD for listening, letting me cry like a crazy person and getting me out for a while. Friends are wonderful, again, thanks.

5 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Kenny said...

Congrats on the new job. Although, since the next line after the job announcement was something about you "working" on a project, my first thought was "Wow! Cynthia's going to work for Knitty!"

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Now that would be an awesome job! Heh...

Not that lucky, unfortunately...

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new gig! Trust me I know how hard it is to find a job.

And the sweater looks really Hip and happening aka Hot!

Hope you guys have a good Holiday!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Yeah, yeah, D - you just like the brunette girl modeling the sweater. :)

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've dated Blondes, Brunetes, and Red Heads! They all have their Pluses and Minuses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home