Friday, October 26, 2007

Halloween Lucy

Last Saturday night J, JD, MD and I went to a couple of Halloween parties. This year I was Lucille Ball. I spent considerable time on the costume and hat, making them from vintage patterns. Here is the finished look in my kitchen before leaving for the party. I love this very 50's looking picture.

This is the matching hat. The hat alone took several hours over 2 days. It is made with a wire frame, satin cover sewn by hand and all the ribbon flowers and leaves sewn by hand. I don't know if I will ever attempt one of these again. It turned out really well though.

Someone asked me if this was a wig, but no, it's my real hair set on those squishy pink foam rollers for most of a day.

This is me and J. He refused going as Ricky to my Lucy. He went as Sam Kinison instead and was a pretty good likeness.

This is me and JD, she was Bonnie as half of a Bonnie and Clyde couple.

This is me and MD, he was Clyde.

The party house was all decorated outside as a graveyard. This is a very retro photo of me in the graveyard.

Last is a photo of the house all decorated outside. It was really cool looking!

We all had a good time. It was fun. I get one more chance to be Lucy on Halloween at work. Yeah!

3 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great costume! I love the hat!

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hair is impressive as well.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Thanks guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home