Friday, November 09, 2007

How many times would you reschedule?

Ok, so here's the deal.

I started getting my hair cut and colored at a new salon almost a year ago. The first stylist I saw was always really wired and I found out later after a few reschedules that he was a drug addict and I got a new stylist at the same salon, but a different location.

The new stylist is awesome. My color and cut always look good and my hair looks healthier and shinier than it has in years.

Here's the issue. I make my appointments 8 weeks in advance. I am always on time or early and I tip well.

My last appointment was rescheduled once. This wasn't a big deal and worked out fine.

I referred J to her as a new client and the salon called to reschedule his appointment, not once, not twice, THREE times. I consider that unacceptable for a new client visit and frankly was pretty embarrassed I even talked him into going. He is used to barber shop cuts for around $15 and his cut at the new salon + one Aveda product came to almost $100. Granted he does have long hair now so it was more work. The cut does look really good.

Ok, so I have my normal appointment that I scheduled 8 weeks out (the Saturday after Thanksgiving). I had already been made to reschedule twice, and I just got a call to reschedule for the third time. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but they don't have any appointments open for me at all until about 2 weeks after that. That is ridiculous. The girl on the phone was nice, but come on.

How many of you would put up with this from the salon where you drop about $200 every 8 weeks?

I am looking into other salon options, but I hate to switch because I don't want to go back to having crappy hair. The stylist is supposed to call me back and work it out, but I am just so angry about the whole situation. Blergh.

4 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Kenny said...

I'm curious... Why do they keep rescheduling? I mean, what is the reason they give?

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Well, first they were remodeling the salon, so she had to rework her schedule to the other salon hours. Apparently the salon had the days she worked all messed up. J's second reschedule was because she was sick. All the rest were just that "she isn't working that day" which is most likely more problems with their calendar and people not knowing what they are doing. She called me on Friday and fixed things, but I told her that the people at the desk doing the scheduling need to get their shit together. She did apologize profusely though.

We'll see how it goes.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah the price of beauty.

Because it is better to look good than feel good darling!

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How annoying. I'd seriously have a difficult time not searching out a new hair stylist.

At least she's been very apologetic about it all. I say give her one more chance and if it happens again, she's OUT. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home