Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Lotsa FOs

This has been a good knitting year for me. The year just half over and I have already finished more projects than all year last year. Not to mention while working on the house at the same time.

This is my finished February Ladysweater (pattern from Ravelry based on EZ's February Baby Sweater).

The yarn is awesome and I love the color.

Yarn: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - 75% Wool 25% Alpaca - Cornflower

Needles: KnitPicks Options Size 8

I didn't do the YO increases, I used KF&B instead. The only change I will make when I make another one is to not do any increases over the arms. They are a little too wide.


This is a close up of the buttons. They are super cool. I got them at Benno's Buttons in Dallas. They are glass and iridescent and look kind of like carnival glass.

Next up is a basic garter stitch scarf with fringe. I am normally very anti-fringe, but this scarf really needed it. I spun it out in the washer after soaking so the fringe felted a bit. I like it. It's made from Araucania Nature Wool (I recycled the yarn from the Cherie Amour sweater I made - it looked awful on me).

This is the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I used Lorna's Laces and Rockin Sock Club yarns - not sure of the colors. This scarf took forever, but I love it. One of my all time favorites!

This is a little cabled bag I made for JD for her birthday. I used Nora Iroha (3 skeins) and knitted all 3 at once for super thick squishy fabric. I got the ribbon at Benno's Buttons (I love that place). I found the pattern online and it was pretty easy.

Last, but not least, 2 finished lace scarves.

I have no idea what the pattern was for the turquoise one, but the yarn was Vivaldi. I most likely won't wear it much because it is super scratchy. It has Swarovski crystals on the cast on and off edges.

The burgandy one is a fantastic scarf that was gifted to JD (she saw it as a WIP and it's more her color than mine).

Pattern: Easy Flame Lace Scarf pattern from Knit & Tonic

Malabrigo yarn in Velvet Grapes

Size 3 Addi Turbo Lace needles.

Malabrigo is by far my favorite lace knitting yarn. It is super soft. This scarf took forever, but it turned out really beautifully.

This photo was taken in our back yard. It's so nice back there in the spring before it gets super hot.

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Kenny said...

It's so cool to see knitty stuff from you.

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been wondering what you two have been up to.
Busy I see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home