Thursday, August 17, 2006

Updates

Wow, it has been a long time since I posted!
Ok, updates...
Lilliana is here and she looks very cute in the blanket and hat. Met her last Saturday when J and I stayed at his mom's over the weekend.
I am working on J's socks using Step yarn. The one with the aloe vera and jojoba oil in it. I like it, it's nice to knit with. I think I need to use smaller needles for my socks - the 3mm still seem to big.
I am working on a sewing project for the derby league awards ceremony. It's a big project, so all my spare time is going there right now.
I went to practice last night and it totally beat me down. I was so exhausted at the end I was crying. It's not only physically a killer workout, but mental too since I am not as good as I want to be. Lots of blisters once again. Ouch!
Talked a little after practice about the tryout issue and feel somewhat better, but not a lot.
Tonight I go to get my hair cut/colored again and then to a karoke travel team thing later. Should be interesting. I don't want to stay out too late, I'm already tired.
Oh, Rollercon was a big disappointment. I needed much more cash than I took and it was hard to meet people. It was also hot as hell and the scrimmaging was outside. One of our girls was in a scrimmage and fell and shattered all the bones in her ankle and also broke one of her leg bones by the ankle. Not good at all.
I'm sure I have forgotten some things, but I will update more and post more pictures soon also.

4 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Blue Sky said...

Wow nice to see you back posting, I dont normaly comment but I do make it habit to read you blog ...Welcome Back
hopr your doing ok.
Richard

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Oh cool! I wondered if anyone ever read my blog!

Hi!

Yep, I need to post more often...

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read it too. What kind of project?

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Making sashes (the beauty pageant variety) for the winners at the award ceremony - satin, trim and all that - I am making 22 of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home