Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New Assignment

I started a new temp. assignment this week. It is a lot longer commute, but the pay is better too.

It's a pretty low key office. There are only like 5 people in the office and there will be a lot of down time. It's a possibility that it may turn into temp to hire.

The only downsides would be the drive and also apparently in winter they require you to wear suits every day. I have never worked anywhere that wasn't casual or business casual. I would probably have to spend a significant amount on a new work wardrobe, and I'm not sure I'm willing to do that.

We'll see what happens with the assignment.

5 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger PurlingPirate said...

Well, Good Luck!!!

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you have a gig. That is good.
Hope you have fun.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Thanks!

Yeah, working is good, but I would rather be knitting... :)

 
At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is this new job?

I think it's time we all got together again, by the way. :)

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

The new job is technically still in Dallas, but it's on 635 past 35 and traffic totally sucks. It took me an hour to get home last night. I'm a little irritated with the temp agency, they told me it was at 635 and the Tollway which was much closer.

Yep, we need to get together for sure, but in September. I have some sewing projects to get done before my mom comes to visit over Labor Day and a ton of cleaning, of course. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home