Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Peaches

Peaches are my favorite fruit and unfortunately I have a hard time finding great tasting ones. The ones at local grocery stores aren't usually ripe, or they aren't very sweet.


Anyway, in the last couple of weeks I have gotten some of the best peaches I have had in years. The first ones were from a little roadside stand in Canton, Texas. Those were so good! The second ones were from the Dallas Farmers Market. I got them last Sunday. They are as good if not better than the first ones. It really does pay to go around and sample all the peaches before you buy. J and I tried peaches from probably 6 different stands before we found the really great ones.


Anyway, if you like peaches and are anywhere near a farmers market or roadside stand, I recommend picking some up, especially if they give you a sample first.


Oh yeah, and the ripening in a paper bag trick really does work. I keep mine in one and they are the sweetest, juiciest peaches ever!


Yeah for Peaches!

3 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of that particular varity of stone fruit myself... They have a big selection at central market as well.

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love a good peach. We've been able to find some local peaches at Sprout's lately and I have to admit, they're pretty damn tasty.

There isn't much worse than a crappy nasty peach and isn't much better than a ripe juicy peach when it comes to fruit. Yum!!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Of course all of this "Peachy" talk reminds me of a certain Presidents of the USA song.

Millions of peaches, peaches for me...

Yep, crappy nasty peaches kill! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home