Sunday, February 04, 2007

Domestic Goddess Apron aka Too Much Time on My Hands

This is my friend JD. She and her husband are the only people I know who cook "real" food. They had us over for dinner the other night and it was awesome. Since she really cooks, she needed a real apron. I made this from Simplicity pattern 4987. I tweaked it a bit from the original version.

As you can see, I used piping on the seams instead of the lace trim the pattern called for. It turned out a lot cuter. Also, the skirt on the pattern wasn't lined, so I added a skirt lining so it is totally reversible and nicer.

I really want an apron like this. It is so super cute! Yeah!

4 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I ever pictured JD as a domestic godess. So what was on the Menu? And you cook real food too.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

I heat up frozen stuff sometimes, not really cooking though.

They cooked a whole chicken, fresh green beans, mashed potatoes and had salad and crescent rolls.

I would have no clue about how to cook a whole chicken. :)

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you really want to know how to do that, there is the food network or I can send an e-mail to my mother aka "Martha" to find out what is involved.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

You need to get your mom reading my blog...

I bet she would have great comments! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home